We’re excited to welcome you, WA.
Together with our local tourism businesses and regional communities, RAC Parks & Resorts are excited to welcome you to have a well-deserved relaxing holiday. Please note some travel restrictions in WA may still apply, find out more.
We are committed to slowing the spread of COVID-19
Please note the following restrictions are in place, in line with government guidelines:
- Our communal facilities will be restricted to a maximum number of people at any one time, to ensure guests are able to maintain the 1.5m of social distancing and 2 square metre rule, as directed by health and government authorities. All guests are advised to follow social distancing rules both within and outside of our park.
The safety of our people, guests and local communities remains our priority. To protect and ensure your wellbeing, we have:
- Implemented contactless check in at reception
- Increased cleaning and hygiene practices
- Ensured our staff are fully trained on best hygiene practices and the mandatory government COVID-19 Hospitality Hygiene courses
- Made sure hand sanitiser is available at reception
If you are displaying COVID-like symptoms, please be aware of the following:
- Covid-like symptoms at check in: We reserve the right to deny entry to any guests and visitors displaying Covid-like symptoms at our absolute and sole discretion. Symptoms as listed on health.gov.au include: Fever, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, Other symptoms can include runny nose, headache, muscle or joint pains, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of sense of smell, altered sense of taste, loss of appetite and fatigue.
- Covid-like symptoms during stay: If you start displaying Covid-like symptoms during your stay [Fever, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath], please self-isolate in your accommodation and notify us by calling reception prior to attending the nearest medical facility with Covid testing and following their instructions.
- Shared amenities: the property reserves the right to close any shared amenities where social distancing is not being observed by guests and visitors or where it is required to do so for the safety of guests and staff.
This situation is continually changing and when there are further updates, we will provide them on this page.
Please read our frequently asked questions below. If you have another enquiry, please contact us.