Things to do
RAC Karri Valley Resort offers an abundance of activities including fishing, hiking trails, mini golf and canoeing. Our guests can purchase an activity pass from $20 per day per family. See our friendly staff at Reception or visit the Activities Centre for more information.
Purchase a daily activity pass and enjoy all our activities at no extra charge. Challenge yourself on our 18-hole mini golf course, play a game of volley ball or tennis, practise your archery, hire a bike or go fishing.
Explore Lake Beedelup
Hire a canoe or SUP and explore Lake Beedelup and adjacent Beedelup Falls. Visit Frogs Leap Jetty and hike along the Bibbulmun track. Or take binoculars and enjoy some bird watching from the lake.
Hike along the Bibbilmun track to the Beedelup Falls or follow the tracks to the Walk-Through tree. Our friendly staff can assist you with maps and directions.
Meet Mocha, our friendly pig, and his friends the miniature ponies, guinea pigs, chickens and other farm animals. Daily feeding at 3:00 pm, registrations essential. Please see reception.
School holiday activities
If you are staying at the Resort during the school holidays, be sure to click here to find out more about the exciting activities held every day.
The Lakeside Restaurant
The Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy the tranquil surrounds of the towering Karri Forest while enjoying a selection of local produce and first-class wines from the region.
Majestic forests, local wines and scrumptious farm gate produce make this a must-see destination. Pemberton’s timber heritage is evident through the quaint streetscapes that remain intact from the town’s settlement days and the myriad timber artisan products for sale throughout the shops. The town is considered so well preserved that it was chosen as the setting for the recent Australian film adaption of Jasper Jones, set in a fictional regional WA town in the 1960s.
Recreational activities in the National Parks that surround the town site are popular with guests and locals. Canoeing, fishing, swimming, bushwalking and mountain biking are popular pastimes. The Pemberton Mountain Bike Park offers trails for beginners to experts, while the Bibbulmun Track winds past the town and through some of the most enchanting stretches of karri forest.
Top things to do around Pemberton
- Climb one of the three remaining fire lookout trees that surround Pemberton.
- Take on the 61 metre Gloucester Tree or the Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree; a dizzying 75 metres high.
- Visit ‘The Cascades’, where the Lefroy Brook tumbles over a series of rocky shelves, which vary from a gentle flow in mid-summer to a raging torrent in winter. The rocky rapids provide a place for an outdoor lunch, a leisurely stroll, or a few peaceful hours of fly fishing.
- Tackle the Yeagarup Dunes – offering adventurers the chance to witness vast mobile sand dunes which are steadily moving inland, swallowing up forest, lakes and woodlands as they go. Local tours will take you on an adventure amongst the dunes, or experienced four-wheel drivers can go unguided.
- For the four-wheel drive enthusiast, the D’Entrecasteaux National Park covers 118,000 hectares with some rugged and secluded four-wheel drive tracks.
- Hit the Pemberton Mountain Bike Park, with their Cross Country (XC) Skills Loop, the Relentless Blue XC track and Cool Running XC track as well as jump tracks.
- Take the Beedelup Falls walk trail in Beedelup National Park. A suspension bridge hangs over the falls, which are in full flow during winter and spring. The Beedelup National Park includes dense karri forest, mixed with jarrah and several beautiful stands of pure marri.
- Experience the national park from the water with a cruise along the pristine Donnelly River. The river is flanked by magnificent karri trees, river banksias and peppermints.
For more information on the region, please visit: pembertonvisitor.com.au
Twilight Cocktail Function: Unearthed Festival
Come and enjoy the magnificent Karri Valley lake at a twilight cocktail function to launch the Unearthed Pemberton festival. Chef Warren will present an array of delectable canapés featuring local produce. Wines from the Southern Forests region will also be a highlight.
Karri Cup MBT Challenge 2019
One of Western Australia’s largest and longest running mountain bike events, the Karri Cup is held in the Southern Forests around the lower south-west town of Northcliffe just half an hour from the property. Participate as either a team or solo rider and enjoy a course suitable for all ages and abilities.
Karri Valley Tri
It’s the 15th anniversary of the SunSmart Karri Valley Triathlon, and it’s held right here at the RAC Karri Valley Resort. Providing triathletes with a unique racing experience, the course showcases the beauty of WA’s South West. Swim, ride and soak up the spectacular views along the trial.
Chef’s Long Table Lunch: Unearthed Festival
Boasting spectacular views of Lake Beedelup and surrounded by majestic karri forest, the Lakeside Restaurant at RAC Karri Valley Resort will tantalize your taste buds. On the 3rd of May join Head Chef, Warren Burns for his paddock and pond to plate inspired menu, presenting the best of locally sourced ingredients.
Fonty’s Pool, Manjimup, Western Australia
Truffle Kerfuffle is an all weekend celebration of one of the world’s most luxurious ingredients, fresh black truffles, just minutes from where they are unearthed; Manjimup Western Australia. Manjimup is the heart of Australian truffle country with more truffles found here than anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere. All weekend Festival Village access: $35 or free for 15 & unders.
Nannup Flower and Garden Festival
Immerse yourself in spectacular natural surroundings of the Southern Forrest Region during the 22nd annual Nannup Flower and Garden Festival, just 40 minutes from RAC Karri Valley Resort. Take a walking garden tour, construct a delicate flower crown or get involved in a host of other activities, talks and hands on presentations to inspire your creative gardening talents. For more information, visit their website