RAC Karri Valley Resort offers an abundance of activities including fishing, hiking trails, mini golf and canoeing. Our guests can purchase an activity pass from $20 per day per family. See our friendly staff at Reception or visit the Activities Centre for more information.
Purchase a daily activity pass and enjoy all our activities at no extra charge. Challenge yourself on our 18-hole mini golf course, play a game of volley ball or tennis, practise your archery, hire a bike or go fishing.
Explore Lake Beedelup
Hire a canoe or SUP and explore Lake Beedelup and adjacent Beedelup Falls. Visit Frogs Leap Jetty and hike along the Bibbulmun track. Or take binoculars and enjoy some bird watching from the lake.
Hike along the Bibbilmun track to the Beedelup Falls or follow the tracks to the Walk-Through tree. Our friendly staff can assist you with maps and directions.
Meet Mocha, our friendly pig, and his friends the miniature ponies, guinea pigs, chickens and other farm animals. Daily feeding at 3:00 pm, registrations essential. Please see reception.
School holiday activities
If you are staying at the Resort during the school holidays, be sure to click here to find out more about the exciting activities held every day.
Majestic forests, local wines and scrumptious farm gate produce make this a must-see destination. Pemberton’s timber heritage is evident through the quaint streetscapes that remain intact from the town’s settlement days and the myriad timber artisan products for sale throughout the shops. The town is considered so well preserved that it was chosen as the setting for the recent Australian film adaption of Jasper Jones, set in a fictional regional WA town in the 1960s.
Recreational activities in the National Parks that surround the town site are popular with guests and locals. Canoeing, fishing, swimming, bushwalking and mountain biking are popular pastimes. The Pemberton Mountain Bike Park offers trails for beginners to experts, while the Bibbulmun Track winds past the town and through some of the most enchanting stretches of karri forest.
Top things to do around Pemberton
- Climb one of the three remaining fire lookout trees that surround Pemberton.
- Take on the 61 metre Gloucester Tree or the Dave Evans Bicentennial Tree; a dizzying 75 metres high.
- Visit ‘The Cascades’, where the Lefroy Brook tumbles over a series of rocky shelves, which vary from a gentle flow in mid-summer to a raging torrent in winter. The rocky rapids provide a place for an outdoor lunch, a leisurely stroll, or a few peaceful hours of fly fishing.
- Tackle the Yeagarup Dunes – offering adventurers the chance to witness vast mobile sand dunes which are steadily moving inland, swallowing up forest, lakes and woodlands as they go. Local tours will take you on an adventure amongst the dunes, or experienced four-wheel drivers can go unguided.
- For the four-wheel drive enthusiast, the D’Entrecasteaux National Park covers 118,000 hectares with some rugged and secluded four-wheel drive tracks.
- Hit the Pemberton Mountain Bike Park, with their Cross Country (XC) Skills Loop, the Relentless Blue XC track and Cool Running XC track as well as jump tracks.
- Take the Beedelup Falls walk trail in Beedelup National Park. A suspension bridge hangs over the falls, which are in full flow during winter and spring. The Beedelup National Park includes dense karri forest, mixed with jarrah and several beautiful stands of pure marri.
- Experience the national park from the water with a cruise along the pristine Donnelly River. The river is flanked by magnificent karri trees, river banksias and peppermints.