Friday 6 April 2018
RAC announces the acquisition of eco-style Wharncliffe Mill Bush Retreat, renamed RAC Margaret River Nature Park to promote its unique location in the heart of the Margaret River Region in WA’s South West.
RAC Executive General Manager Brand and Tourism, Tony Pickworth, said the new acquisition would give RAC members and other guests a relaxing and authentic South West bushland experience.
“Located among the tall timber of the Wooditjup National Park (formerly Bramley), the park provides guests with a nature based holiday, displaying the unique beauty of the Margaret River region,” Mr Pickworth said.
“RAC Margaret River Nature Park includes cabins, safari tents, dorm rooms and powered caravan and camp sites, giving guests a range of ways to tailor their experience.”
The park joins other iconic WA locations in the RAC Parks and Resorts family, including RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park, RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort, RAC Cervantes Holiday Park, RAC Busselton Holiday Park, RAC Karri Valley Resort and the Ningaloo Reef Resort in Coral Bay.
“Whilst our parks and resorts welcome guests from all over the world, they are designed to encourage Western Australians to holiday in their own backyard, and offer value for money experiences in WA’s most popular tourism destinations,” Mr Pickworth said.
RAC members can save up to 20 per cent, with other motoring club members also receiving discounts on stays. Guests will also soon be able to use RAC’s new ‘lay-by’ system to book their holiday and pay it off in instalments.
About the property:
- Surrounded by a myriad of walking and bike trails, just two kilometres from the Margaret River town centre, it offers a beautiful nature based eco-experience with a range of attractions and activities on its doorstep.
- It offers shady well-spaced powered campsites and caravan sites amongst the trees, spacious cabins, a large four room eco-lodge, dorm rooms and basic safari tents.
- The park activities include: bike riding, bush walking, mountain biking, adventure playground and is a short 11kms drive from the beach at Prevelly.
- RAC Margaret River Nature Park can cater for large groups and is perfect for school camps, sporting groups and clubs.
- Located 2km north of Margaret River town centre. Margaret River is 270km, or 3 hour drive south of Perth.