RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort is currently undergoing an expansion and redevelopment with completion of the majority of works in July 2018, with minor disruption into August 2018.
These exciting changes will transform the resort, delivering an improved guest experience with several new facilities and accommodation options available.
The exciting development project includes:
- 12 new 2 and 3-bedroom family villas
- The campground area will triple in size
- The number of powered sites will increase to 120, some of which will be beachside
- Addition of a second swimming pool
- New camp kitchen, recreation room and ablutions
- Modernisation of the existing camping and ablution facilities
- New administration and retail precinct
The safety and comfort of our guests is our foremost priority; hence we will be closing the caravan and camping sections of the Resort from 1 November 2017 until the end of June 2018. All cabins and rooms will remain open during the development. Whilst every effort will be made to keep the noise to a minimum, there will be works taking place at the western end of the property from 1 November 2017, and works on the eastern end of the property from 1 December 2017. The Boughshed Restaurant, Monkey Bar and General Store will continue to welcome our guests, with minimal disruption.
Please note that the scheduled works will not affect the daily dolphin interactions at RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort.