1. Your privacy and the privacy of your personal information are very important to RAC Tourism Assets PTY Ltd.
Our people will always be honest and open in their dealings with you and will only collect information that is necessary for us to deliver the best possible products, services and advice.
Any personal information that we do collect, we keep strictly confidential and it can only be accessed by authorised staff within RAC Tourism Assets and the RAC Group’s related and subsidiary companies. RAC Tourism Assets keeps, maintains and uses personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Our organisation respects the right of individuals to access their own personal information.
RAC Tourism Assets agents, contractors and other third parties, who need your personal information to provide a legitimate service, are bound by terms in their contracts to ensure your personal information remains protected at all times.
RAC Tourism Assets does not sell personal information.
If you do have any concerns about privacy please speak with one of our front desk staff members.
For the purposes of this Statement, “RAC Group” means the Royal Automobile Club of W.A. (Inc.), RACWA Holdings Pty Ltd and each of its related bodies corporate as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (excluding Centro Village Pty Ltd, Centro Living Pty Ltd and its subsidiary Patton Enterprises Pty Ltd, and St Ives Group Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries).
2. Your personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion (whether true or untrue) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. To be classed as ‘personal information’, the information must relate to a natural living person.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you, including:
- Name; and
RAC Tourism Assets believes that any personal information we hold about you should be carefully protected to ensure that your privacy is maintained.
3. Why do we collect personal information?
RAC Tourism Assets collects personal information about you for the purpose of providing you with the product or service of your choice and the ongoing administration and management of that product or service.
If you wish to know more general details about the personal information that we collect, please speak with one of our front desk staff members.
4. Sensitive Information
Sensitive personal information includes information or an opinion about matters like your health, criminal history or racial or ethnic origin. In limited circumstances, we need to collect this information from you to assist you. For example, we may need to collect information about your health so we can arrange accessible accommodation for you. We will not collect sensitive information about you unless you consent to the collection and the information is directly related to our activities.
5. How do we collect this information?
We only collect personal information by legitimate means. We normally collect personal information directly from you over the phone, face-to-face, through the mail or electronically over the internet.
However, in some circumstances, we collect personal information from a third party, in instances where bookings are made via travel agents or booking websites.
6. What if you choose not to provide us with this information?
The nature of our business may mean that, if you do not provide us with the personal information we need, we will be unable to administer and manage the product or service that you wish to purchase. We will advise you if your failure to provide personal information may jeopardise your ability to purchase the product or service.
7. To whom could we disclose your personal information?
In the course of administering and managing the product or service you have purchased, including for marketing and promotional purposes, we may disclose some of your personal information to other people or organisations. This may include entities associated with us or that operate under the RAC Group brand, agents, contractors, organisations with whom we have an alliance or arrangements, and other third parties such as contracted service providers. Who we disclose your information to will depend on the particular product or service that you have purchased.
We may also disclose your personal details to market research companies to gather independent feedback from you about the performance of any member of the RAC Tourism Assets, RAC Group, our contractors and our products and services.
RAC Tourism Assets ensures that your personal information is safely archived, if archival is necessary, and securely destroyed by using the services of professional archival and document management companies.
The organisations, that we may disclose your personal information to, are subject to strict guidelines on how they use your personal information and are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. Please speak with one of our front desk staff members, if at any time:
- you would like to know more information about which companies we regularly deal with and what personal information they receive from us; or
8. Direct Marketing
We do not sell, trade, lease or rent any personally identifiable information we obtain without your prior express consent. It is our aim to provide you with access to a range of leading products and services offered by us and any other organisations whose products and services we promote. To do this, we use the information you provide to us for market research so we can better understand your needs.
We may use your personal information to conduct direct marketing, such as telemarketing and advertising via email, SMS or post, in order tell you about other RAC Group products and services.
Your personal information may be passed to other entities (including third party entities) for promotional purposes, including direct marketing. Those entities may use the personal information we provide to them to market to you, including by sending you information or contact you (by telephone, post or electronically) about RAC Group or RAC branded third party products or services. These entities may be associated with Us, operate under the RAC’s Brand or be agents, contractors or allied organisations.
We will only market our products and services to you if you would reasonably expect us to do so. The type of personal information we use or disclose will depend on the product or services being offered, but will usually be limited to your name and contact details. Importantly, we will not use any sensitive personal information for marketing purposes without your express consent.
You may choose to opt out of our marketing activities at any time by advising us via the unsubscribe function or other contact information provided in any marketing you receive. Alternatively, you may advise us by speaking to one of our front desk staff members.
Please note that it may take up to 60 days to fully implement your request not to receive marketing or promotional materials. We apologise if you receive any materials during this period.
We will not undertake any marketing activities which would amount to a breach of any legislation including the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) and the Spam Act 2003.
9. RAC Parks and Resorts User Generated Content Agreement
By using RAC Parks and Resorts-specific/promotional hashtags and handles (‘tagging’) in your Social Media content, or posting content onto RAC Parks and Resorts Social Media platforms directly, you agree that RAC Parks and Resorts:
- can use the content on its websites, apps, email, social media and other forums, including but not limited to for promotional purposes;
- can use your name, image, social media handle and other publically available biographic material in conjunction with your image and associated content;
- has a non-exclusive, royalty-free approval to use, reproduce, modify, publish and publicly display the content through any of our social media accounts, websites or digital platforms; and
- is released from any liability for use of the image and/or content to the extent permitted by law.
You also agree and confirm you:
- are at least 18 years old or if under 18 have permission from a parent or guardian;
- own and control the copyright and or interest in the image and content, and it does not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property of another;
- have complied with all laws and regulations associated with acquiring and/or producing the content;
- acknowledge statements, remarks or claims by you reflect your honest views and experiences;
- will not make available any material that includes an image or personal information of another person unless you have their consent;
- have disclosed any commercial connections or interests you have with RAC Parks and Resorts or third-party brands or sellers (ie you are an employee, paid blogger or recipient of free products or services);
- will not be paid by RAC Parks and Resorts for use of your content; and
- will contact RAC Parks and Resorts if you no longer approve for your image or content to be published by RAC Parks and Resorts, by contacting us.
- RAC Parks and Resorts reserves the right to remove UGC postings that, in the opinion of the RAC Parks and Resorts, are false or misleading statements on RAC Parks and Resorts Products and Services.
10. Transferring your information overseas
Sometimes our suppliers, contractors or agents are based overseas, or otherwise have data storage facilities overseas where your personal information will be stored. We may transfer information about you between countries if required for a relevant purpose described above.
However, in all cases, we will take reasonable steps to ensure all entities to whom we transfer your personal information comply with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including ensuring appropriate security measures are taken by those entities to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
11. Can you get access to view and correct your personal information?
Generally, you have the right to know all the personal information we hold about you. You can also request they we correct any personal information we hold about you. You can request access to view and/or correct this information by contacting us on 1800 871 570 , calling into one of our parks, (and providing us with appropriate identification) or visiting our website parksandresorts.rac.com.au
12. How will we handle your request for information?
We will respond to your request as quickly as possible and we will provide you with a written, verified copy of the personal information that we hold. Depending on the nature of your request and the accessibility of the information (for example, information may be archived), we will aim to respond within ten working days, but may be able to respond sooner than this. If it will take us longer than this to access your personal information, then we will inform you of the delay and the reason for the delay.
13. Why would we not give you access to or correct your personal information?
In limited circumstances, we may not allow you access to some of the personal information we hold about you, or correct some of the personal information we hold about you where you request us to do so, and if this occurs, we will write to you to explain our reasons.
Some examples of when you might be denied access are if:
- access will pose a threat to the life or health of someone;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on another person’s privacy;
- information relates to anticipated or existing legal proceedings; or
- giving access would be unlawful.
14. What can you do if you have a complaint?
If you believe that there has been a breach of privacy or you do not agree with a decision we have made about your access to personal information, you can make a complaint and we will endeavour to resolve it by following our internal complaint resolution process. You can provide the details of your complaint either verbally or in writing.
When we receive your complaint, we will ensure that it is handled by the most appropriate person. This person will review your complaint, consider the facts and will provide a response as soon as possible, generally within one working day.
If the matter cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, it will be referred to the relevant Manager, who will contact you within five working days.
If the complaint is still unresolved, it will be referred to the General Manager, who will advise you of our final decision within fifteen days of the date you first made the complaint.
At every stage of the process we will ensure that you are advised about the progress of your complaint.
15. What if your complaint remains unresolved?
If you are not satisfied with our decision you can direct your written complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218,
Sydney NSW 2001 Phone toll free: 1300 363 992
TTY: 133 677 then ask for 1300 363 992