Enjoy a fun and stress-free family holiday by following RAC’s school holiday booking process.
We’re proud to offer a large range of family-friendly activities across our RAC Parks & Resorts, with school holiday accommodation to suit every budget and style of travel.
To make things easy, we offer a repeat booking process across the WA school holiday periods. If you stay during the school holidays, you have first dibs when it comes to re-booking for the same dates the following year. Once the repeat booking process is complete, we then offer priority pre-sale to RAC members before releasing remaining bookings to the general public.
School holiday booking FAQs
- Q How does the RAC member pre-sale work?
If you’re an RAC member, you will have access to book via priority pre-sale for 48 hours before bookings will be open to the general public.
You will need to enter your RAC member number when making your booking. Your RAC member number can be found on your RAC member card, via myRAC, or on your latest bill.
- Q When are school holidays available to book?
Upcoming booking release dates:
WA holiday period RAC member pre-sale Public release 20 September 2024 – 6 October 2024 11 October 2023 13 October 2023 12 December 2024 – 3 February 2025 7 February 2024 9 February 2024 11 April 2025 – 27 April 2025 1 May 2024 3 May 2024
Due to an exciting redevelopment project taking place, bookings for Ningaloo Reef Resort is not included in the upcoming school holiday releases.
The following release times will apply:
- RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort, RAC Esperance Holiday Park: 7.30am
- RAC Busselton Holiday Park, RAC Margaret River Nature Park, RAC Karri Valley Resort: 8am
- RAC Cervantes Holiday Park, RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park, RAC Cable Beach Holiday Park: 9am
- Q What’s the best way to try and secure a school holiday booking?
Booking demand over the school holiday periods is very high, and we cannot guarantee family-friendly accommodation for everyone. This includes options in our caravan parks and camping sites.
For the best chance to secure your preferred accommodation, we recommend booking online via our website. Please refrain from using multiple devices when booking, as this puts strain on our website and will impact load times.
Please be aware that our booking engine doesn’t have a hold cart functionality. Accommodation is only secured once you have completed your booking.
If you try to contact us by phone, please note that wait timings will be longer than usual. Our call queues may not be able to accommodate everyone trying to get through.
- Q Do booking parameters apply?
Yes, we have set check-in and check-out days for our school holiday bookings, as well as minimum night stays. These will vary depending on location. We confirm booking parameters a week in advance of each school holiday booking release via this page.
The following booking parameters apply for the September/October 2024 school holidays:
RAC Busselton Holiday Park
- Minimum 3 night stay sites & cabins over the September long weekend
- From 25 September onwards: minimum 2 night stay on cabins, minimum 1 night stay for sites.
RAC Cable Beach Holiday Park
- Minimum 2 night stay for cabins
- Minimum 1 night stay for sites
RAC Cervantes Holiday Park
- Minimum 3 night stay for sites & cabins over the September long weekend
- From 25 September onwards: minimum 2 night stay for villas, minimum 1 night stay for sites
RAC Esperance Holiday Park
- Minimum 3 night stay for sites, villas, cabins & studios over the September long weekend
- From 25 September onwards: minimum 2 night stay for villas, cabins & studios and minimum 1 night stay for sites
RAC Exmouth Cape Holiday Park
- Minimum 3 night stay for all rooms and sites
RAC Karri Valley Resort
- Minimum 3 night stay for rooms, chalets & sites over the September long weekend
- From 25 September onwards: minimum 2 night stay for chalets & rooms, minimum 1 night stay for sites
RAC Margaret River Nature Park
- Minimum 3 night stay for sites, cabins & safari tents over the September long weekend
- From 25 September onwards: minimum 2 night stay for cabins & safari tents, minimum 1 night stay for sites
RAC Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort
- Minimum 2 night stay for 2 & 3 Bedroom Villas, Superior Beach View Room, Family Garden View
- Minimum 1 night stay for all other rooms and sites
Ningaloo Reef Resort
- Excluded due to being closed for an exciting redevelopment
- Q Can I place a group booking?
Our website doesn’t currently allow you to place group bookings.
For your best chance to secure side by side accommodation or sites, we recommend that each party place their own booking and then have a representative of your group email our reservations team with your request. Please include each parties booking number in your email.
We are unable to guarantee we will be able to accommodate your request, but will endeavour to do so. Thank you for your understanding.
School holiday repeat booking FAQs
- Q Who are repeat bookings available to?
If you have an active booking during the WA school holiday period, you will have the opportunity to book the same dates for the following year before public sale opens.
- Q How do I make a repeat booking?
To take advantage of our repeat booking benefit, you must book whilst you are staying at the park or resort, or before the rebooking cut-off date (whichever is earlier). Bookings must be placed with our reception team in person. Special terms apply to these bookings. You can read these terms, along with our additional booking terms and conditions, here.
- Q When can I make a repeat booking?
To avoid disappointment, it’s important to be aware of our repeat booking cut-off dates. Repeat booking dates are released in the week prior to each school holiday period. View our comparable date calendar for September/October 2024 school holidays.
- Q Do any exclusions apply?
Yes, select properties and/or accommodation types are often excluded from the repeat booking process. You will be notified if your repeat booking is impacted.