Welcome to RAC Parks and Resorts – If you would like to book using our Payment Plans, first you must read, understand and accept the following Terms:
- These Terms create an Agreement
- These Terms, combined with the Booking Terms and Conditions found here, form an Agreement between you and RAC.
- The Agreement will commence when you have provided and submitted all necessary details in the Purchase Pages. This includes ticking the box in the Purchase Pages authorising RAC to charge your debit or credit card.
- Eligibility to Participate in the Payment Plan
1. In order to be eligible to pay for your Holiday by Payment Plan, you must:
1.1 be at least 18 years old;
1.2 and have a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or Union Pay only).
2. Payment Plans are only available:
2.1 when you book your Holiday via the Website or by contacting the relevant RAC Park and Resort directly;
2.2 when the Holiday value is at least $400; and
2.3 provided that all payments can be made under the selected Payment Plan before the Final Direct Debit Date.
- Payment Plan – Instalment Frequency Options
1. You may select the frequency of repayments under your Payment Plan on the Purchase Pages.
2. All instalment payments can only be made using an accepted credit card (Visa, AMEX, Mastercard or Union Pay only).
2.1 The accepted credit card must remain the same for the entirety of the Payment plan.
2.2 It is the Purchasor responsibility to ensure the accepted credit card validity spans the entirety of the Payment Plan Period.
2.3 Should the accepted credit card expire or be cancelled within the Payment Plan Period, the Payment Plan will end, and final balance for the Booking will be required in accordance with our Booking Policy Terms and Conditions found here.
2.3.1 If your successful payments are not equal to or more than the Deposit required in our Booking Terms and Conditions we will ask for the difference to be paid.
2.3.2 If you do not want to pay the difference between your successful payments and the required Deposit, we may cancel your Booking.
2.4 Repayment options can be made fortnight or monthly, subject to the time frame between the date of your Holiday and the date you start your Payment Plan.
2.5 The first payment under the Payment Plan will be as deducted as follows:
2.5.1 for the fortnightly Payment Plan option, on the Start Date then fortnightly on the corresponding Business Day after that (Direct Debit Date); or
2.5.2 for the monthly Payment Plan option, on the Start Date then monthly on the corresponding Business Day after that (Direct Debit Date).
2.6 The final payment for all Payment Plan options will be due and payable at least 7 days before the date of the Holiday (“Final Direct Debit Date”).
2.7 The final payment amount and Final Direct Debit Date will be specified in the Purchase Pages.
2.8 The amount of each payment due and payable by you under the Payment Plan will be as specified in the Purchase Pages.
2.9 All payments due to RAC will be collected by RAC in accordance with the terms of the Agreement.
2.10 All payments are in Australian dollars. The Purchaser is solely liable for any currency conversion fee charged.
2.11 Once you have selected which payment frequency you would like in accordance with this clause 7, the payment dates are fixed and automated. That is, you will be unable to change the frequency of the payment instalments.
- Cancellation of the Holiday
- If you do not complete the payments under the Payment Plan and payments remain in arrears for 2 consecutive Direct Debit Dates, or a payment remains outstanding after the Final Direct Debit Date then your Holiday will be cancelled.
- To cancel your Holiday during the Payment Plan Period you will need to contact RAC in writing and confirm your cancellation no less than 5 Business Days prior to your next Direct Debit Date. If you do not provide sufficient time for cancellation, we may be unable to cancel your next payment before the next Direct Debit Date.
- If your Holiday is cancelled by you or RAC pursuant to clause 6 above, you will be subject to the cancellation policy contained in clause 12 to 15 of the Booking Terms & Conditions here.
- General Conditions
1. You acknowledge and agree that:
1.1 You must provide RAC with accurate and complete billing information including your legal name, address, telephone number, email address and in some cases, date of birth or other proof of identification. RAC will not be liable for any billing errors that occur as a result of you providing inaccurate billing information.
1.2 On or around each Direct Debit Date, we will debit your nominated card for the amount due and payable pursuant to the Payment Plan.
1.3 The biller name on your card statement will be the name of the RAC Parks and Resorts where you have booked your Holiday.
1.4 If a Direct Debit Date falls due on a day which is not a Business Day, the Direct Debit Date will be on the next Business Day. If you are unsure when the payment will be processed to your card, you should ask your financial institution.
1.5 It is your responsibility to have sufficient funds available on your card balance to enable your payments to be made on each Direct Debit Date.
1.6 If your card payment is declined or is otherwise unsuccessful, RAC will use reasonable endeavours to notify you by the contact details you have provided to RAC (text message, email or telephone) that a payment is overdue. If our attempts to contact you are unsuccessful and the amount remains outstanding, then we reserve the right to cancel your Booking.
1.7 You are liable for any bank fees or merchant fees associated with your dishonoured payments.
1.8 Any queries concerning disputed payments must be directed to RAC in the first instance by contacting RAC on 1800 871 570, or if you are calling from outside Australia, please refer to your booking confirmation email for property contact details. If RAC cannot resolve a query or dispute between you and RAC, you may refer your query or dispute to our bank who may ask you to provide information in connection with your query or dispute.
1.9 Except to the extent that disclosure is necessary in order to process card payments, investigate and resolve disputed transactions or is otherwise required by law, we will keep details of your card payments confidential.
- Your rights – Australian Consumer Law
- Despite anything contained in these Terms and Conditions, the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”) gives you statutory rights including guarantees and remedies that cannot be excluded or modified by these Terms and Conditions. The ACL guarantees and remedies include (depending on the type of failure, fault, or defect) repair or replacement, a refund, compensation for reasonably foreseeable loss or damage, or a resupply of the goods or services if the goods or services do not meet the standards required by the ACL. These Terms do not purport to exclude any statutory rights available to you and must in all cases be read subject to those statutory rights.
- Contact details and notices
- Any notice required to be given by a party under the Agreement must be given in accordance with the particulars set out in the Purchase Pages or these Terms.
- It is your responsibility to keep your contact details, including your email address and postal address up to date and notify RAC of any changes to those details as soon as possible.
- Termination and variations
- The Agreement may be terminated by RAC at any time by notice in writing to you if you breach these Terms.
- You are bound by the latest version of these Terms. RAC will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of any changes to the Terms and Conditions by placing a notice on the Website. Where there are material changes to these Terms that could adversely affect or limit your rights under the Agreement, RAC will provide additional notice to you by way of the address or email address you have provided to RAC and you thereafter have the right to cancel the Payment Plan in accordance with clauses 15 to 17. Where possible, we will endeavour to give at least 1 months’ notice of such changes.
RAC is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. To the extent RAC deals with your personal information RAC will comply with the Act and collect, use, hold and disclose personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Act.
- Governing Law
The Agreement is governed by the laws in force in the State of Western Australia, Australia.
- Queries and disputes
If you have a query or dispute in relation to the Agreement we ask that you contact RAC by telephone on 1800 871 570. For international guests, or those calling outside Australia, please refer to your booking confirmation email for property contact details.
“ACL” has the meaning given to it in clause 19 of these Terms.
“Agreement” means the agreement between the Purchaser and RAC containing the Terms and Conditions and the Booking Terms
“Booking Terms & Conditions” or “Booking Terms” means the terms governing the booking of your Holiday, available online here.
“Business Day” means any day which is not a weekend or public holiday in Western Australia, Australia.
“Direct Debit Date” means the date when each payment is to be deducted in accordance with these Terms.
“Final Direct Debit Date” has the meaning given to it in clause 9 of these Terms.
“Holiday” means the booking of accommodation at one of the RAC Parks and Resorts.
“GST” means goods and services tax imposed or to be imposed under the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (as amended) (Cth) and any related imposition Acts of the Commonwealth, or any Act in substitute for them.
“Payment Plan” means a purchase of your Holiday, payment for which will be completed in the instalments as selected in the Purchase Pages.
“Payment Plan Period” means the period from the Start Date to the Final Direct Debit Date.
“Personal Information” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
“Purchase Pages” means those pages on the Website headed “Book Online”, “Check Availability”, “Booking Details”, “Membership Details” and “Checkout”.
“Purchaser” or “you” means the person whose identity is inserted in the applicable section of the Purchase Pages, whose name must also be on the card used for the Payment Plan. The word “your” has a corresponding meaning.
“RAC” means RAC Tourism Assets Pty Ltd (ACN 168 253 085) of 832 Wellington Street, West Perth, Western Australia 6005.
“RAC Parks and Resorts” means the caravan park, tourist park, holiday park, resort, campsite or other accommodation made available for booking accommodation on the Website.
“Start Date” means the date when you submit your Holiday booking confirmation and Payment Plan details on the Purchase Pages.
“Terms” means these terms which you are reading right now, which form part of the Agreement regarding your Payment Plan.