RAC Parks & Resorts terms and conditions of payment plans
This document sets out the terms and conditions for purchase of your Holiday at RAC Parks and Resorts by instalments under a Payment Plan. By proceeding with your booking, you confirm that you have read and acknowledge these Terms and Conditions..
The Agreement will commence when all necessary details in the Purchase Pages have been completed and submitted to Us, including ticking) the box in the Purchase Pages authorising Us to charge your debit or credit card.
Eligibility to Participate in the Payment Plan
- In order to be eligible to pay for your Holiday by the Payment Plan, you must:
- be eighteen (18) years of age and over; and
- have a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or Union Pay only).
- Payment Plans are only available:
- when you book your Holiday via the Website;
- when the Holiday value is at least $200; and
- provided that all payments can be made under the selected Payment Plan before the Final Direct Debit Date.
- In order to be eligible to pay for your Holiday by the Payment Plan, you must:
Payment Plan – Instalment Frequency Options
- You may select the frequency of repayments under your Payment Plan on the Purchase Pages.
- All instalment payments can only be made using an accepted credit card (Visa, AMEX, Mastercard or Union Pay only)
- Repayment options can be made weekly, fortnight or monthly, subject to the time frame between the date of your Holiday and the date you start your Payment Plan.
- The first payment under the Payment Plan will be as deducted as follows:
- for the weekly Payment Plan option, on the Start Date then weekly on the corresponding Business Day after that (Direct Debit Date);
- for the fortnightly Payment Plan option, on the Start Date then fortnightly on the corresponding Business Day after that (Direct Debit Date); or
- for the monthly Payment Plan option, on the Start Date then monthly on the corresponding Business Day after that (Direct Debit Date).
- The final payment for all Payment Plan options will be due and payable at least 7 days before the date of the Holiday (“Final Direct Debit Date”).
- The final payment amount and Final Direct Debit Date will be specified in the Purchase Pages.
- Any outstanding or missed instalment under a Payment Plan must be paid by no later than the Final Direct Debit Date.
- The amount of each payment due and payable by you under the Payment Plan will be as specified in the Purchase Pages.
- All payments due to Us will be collected by Us in accordance with the terms of the Agreement.
- All payments are in Australian dollars. The Purchaser is solely liable for any currency conversion fee charged.
Please note: Once accepting a frequency for payment, the payment dates are fixed/automated and unable to be altered.
Cancellation of the Holiday
- If you do not complete the payments under the Payment Plan and payments remain in arrears for 2 consecutive Direct Debit Dates, or a payment remains outstanding after the Final Direct Debit Date then your Holiday will be cancelled.
- To cancel your Holiday during the Payment Plan Period you will need to contact Us in writing and confirm your cancellation no less than 5 Business Days prior to your next Direct Debit Date. If you do not provide sufficient time for cancellation, we may be unable to cancel your next payment prior to the next Direct Debit Date.
- If your Holiday is cancelled by you or Us pursuant to clause 4(a) or (b) above, the following charges apply:
- peak periods: notice of cancellation more than 60 days prior to the date of the Holiday are fully refundable, less a $30 administration fee. Notice of cancellation less than 60 days prior to the date of the Holiday are not refundable.
- mid season: notice of cancellation more than 14 days prior to the date of the Holiday are fully refundable, less a $30 administration fee. Notice of cancellation less than 14 days prior to the date of the Holiday are not refundable.
- low season: nnotice of cancellation more than 24 hours prior to the date of the Holiday are fully refundable, less a $30 administration fee. Notice of cancellation less than 24 hours prior to the date of the Holiday are not refundable.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- You must provide us with accurate and complete billing information including your legal name, address, telephone number, email address and in some cases, date of birth or other proof of identification. We will not be liable for any billing errors that occur as a result of you providing inaccurate billing information.
- You must notify us immediately if your card details provided to Us for the purposes of charging your Payment Plan is no longer current or has changed. You can update your card details by contacting Us on 1800 871 570, or if you are calling from outside Australia, please refer to your booking confirmation email for property contact details.
- On or around each Direct Debit Date, we will debit your nominated card for the amount due and payable pursuant to the Payment Plan.
- The biller name on your card statement will be the name of the RAC Parks and Resorts where you have booked your Holiday.
- If a Direct Debit Date falls due on a day which is not a Business Day, the Direct Debit Date will be on the next Business Day. If you are unsure when the payment will be processed to your card, you should ask your financial institution.
- It is your responsibility to have sufficient funds available on your card balance to enable your payments to be made on each Direct Debit Date.
- If your card payment is declined or is otherwise unsuccessful, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you by the contact details you have provided to Us (text message, email or telephone) that a payment is overdue. If our attempts to contact you are unsuccessful and the amount remains outstanding, then we reserve the right to debit your card again for that amount after 3 Business Days.
- You are liable for any bank fees or merchant fees associated with your dishonoured payments.
- Any queries concerning disputed payments must be directed to Us in the first instance by contacting Us on 1800 871 570, or if you are calling from outside Australia, please refer to your booking confirmation email for property contact details. If we cannot resolve a query or dispute between Us, you may refer your query or dispute to our bank who may ask you to provide information in connection with your query or dispute.
- Except to the extent that disclosure is necessary in order to process card payments, investigate and resolve disputed transactions or is otherwise required by law, we will keep details of your card payments confidential.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
Your rights – Australian Consumer Law
Despite anything contained in these Terms and Conditions, the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) gives you statutory rights including guarantees and remedies that cannot be excluded or modified by these Terms and Conditions. The ACL guarantees and remedies include (depending on the type of failure, fault, or defect) repair or replacement, a refund, compensation for reasonably foreseeable loss or damage, or a resupply of the goods or services if the goods or services do not meet the standards required by the ACL. These Terms and Conditions do not purport to exclude any statutory rights available to you and must in all cases be read subject to those statutory rights.
Contact details and notices
- Any notice required to be given by a party under the Agreement must be given in accordance with the particulars set out in the Purchase Pages or these Terms and Conditions.
- It is your responsibility to keep your contact details, including your email address and postal address up to date and notify Us of any changes to those details.
Termination and variations
- The Agreement may be terminated by Us at any time by notice in writing to you if you breach these Terms and Conditions.
- You are bound by the latest version of these Terms and Conditions. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of any changes to the Terms and Conditions by placing a notice on the Website. Where there are material changes to these Terms and Conditions that could adversely affect or limit your rights under these Terms and Conditions, we will provide additional notice to you by way of the address or email address you have provided to Us and you thereafter have the right to cancel the Payment Plan in accordance with clause 4. Where possible, we will give at least 1 months’ notice of such changes.
- The Website is owned and operated by ATPM. ATPM is a member of the National Roads and Motorists’ Association Limited (ACN 000 010 506) (NRMA)* group of companies.
- ATPM is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
- RAC is also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. To the extent RAC deals with your personal information RAC will comply with the Act and collect, use, hold and disclose personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Act.
*Insurance Australia Limited (trading as NRMA Insurance) and its related entities are separate and unrelated to National Roads and Motorists’ Association Limited.
The Agreement is governed by the laws in force in the State of Queensland, Australia.
Queries and disputes
If you have a query or dispute in respect of the Agreement we ask that you contact Us by telephone on 1800 871 570. For international guests, or those calling outside Australia, please refer to your booking confirmation email for property contact details.
“Agreement” means these Terms and Conditions appearing on the Website including the Purchase Pages.
“Business Day” means any day which is not a weekend or public holiday in Queensland, Australia.
“Direct Debit Date” means the date when each payment is to be deducted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“Holiday” means the booking of accommodation at one of the RAC Parks and Resorts.
“GST” means goods and services tax imposed or to be imposed under the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (as amended) and any related imposition Acts of the Commonwealth, or any Act in substitute for them.
“Payment Plan” means a purchase of your Holiday, payment for which will be completed in the instalments as selected in the Purchase Pages.
“Payment Plan Period” means the period from the Start Date to the Final Direct Debit Date.
“Personal Information” has the meaning ascribed to it by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
“Purchase Pages” means those pages on the Website headed “Book Online”, “Check Availability”, “Booking Details”, “Membership Details” and “Checkout”.
“Purchaser” or “you” means the person whose identity is inserted in the applicable section of the Purchase Pages, whose name must also be on the card used for the Payment Plan. The word “your” has a corresponding meaning.
“RAC” means RAC Tourism Assets Pty Ltd (ACN 168 253 085) of 832 Wellington Street, West Perth, Western Australia 6005.
“RAC Parks and Resorts” means the caravan park, tourist park, holiday park, resort, campsite or other accommodation business owned by RAC and managed by ATPM and made available for booking accommodation on the Website.
“Start Date” means the date when you submit your Holiday booking confirmation and Payment Plan details on the Purchase Pages.
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions in this document which form part of the Agreement regarding your Payment Plan.
“We”, “Us” or “ATPM” means Australian Tourist Park Management ACN 061 270 513 of Suite L218A, Level 2 The Strand at Coolangatta 72-80, Marine Parade, Coolangatta QLD 4225. The word “Our” has a corresponding meaning.
“Website” means the website owned and operated by ATPM for the purposes of booking a Holiday.